System Health Report Timeout Error
Luc M
2007-12-23 02:16:01 UTC
Whenever I try and run a system health report, after about a minute I get the
following error:

"An error occurred while attempting to generate the report. The wait for the
report generation tool to finish has timed out."

Any ideas?
brink
2007-12-23 21:44:27 UTC
Post by Luc M
Whenever I try and run a system health report, after about a minute
get th
following error
"An error occurred while attempting to generate the report. The wai
for th
report generation tool to finish has timed out.
Any ideas
Hi Luc M

Try the solution for the "Performance Logs & Alerts" service in thi
tutorial to see if it will help with yours

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/82728-system-health-report.htm

Shaw

--
brin

VISTA FORUMS X64 (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM/\"
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Luc M
2007-12-24 13:39:00 UTC
Shawn,

Thanks for the suggestion, but service showing as "manual" and "started" and
still get error.

Luc
Post by Luc M
Whenever I try and run a system health report, after about a minute I get the
"An error occurred while attempting to generate the report. The wait for the
report generation tool to finish has timed out."
Any ideas?
Hi Luc M,
Try the solution for the "Performance Logs & Alerts" service in this
tutorial to see if it will help with yours.
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/82728-system-health-report.html
Shawn
--
brink
JMAC
2008-02-01 05:23:00 UTC
I seem to be having the same problem and I've checked the "Performance logs &
Alerts" as well and service is set to "manual" and "started" as well. Has
anyone found a resolution to this problem!?!??!
Northerner
2008-03-18 10:13:01 UTC
It seems like there is no solution that works to solve this problem yet.
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3011325&SiteID=17
Any ideas?
wrog
2009-07-27 00:03:32 UTC
It seems like there is no solution that works to solve this problem yet
'Vista system health report error' (http://tinyurl.com/lcpcm9
Post by Luc M
report generation tool to finish has timed out.
Any ideas
This is really odd. this exact same thing happened to me last night, i
worked fine until yesterday. anyway got a week off work, 2 years wort
of junk on pc so i did a re-install of my 32 bit ultimate
all went ok all updates sp2 etc. and i thought i would try it again an
same message! generation tool timed out!
this has worked fine all the years i had vista, i wonder what cause
this
i had no 3rd party programs installed btw
i shall watch with interest

--
wro
wrog
2009-07-28 12:48:57 UTC
hi, for anyone googling, delete all the folders in perflog diagnostics
this fixed it for me.
--
wrog
thebatty1